Thursday, August 19, 2010

Palisades

I've decided that camping trips need to last longer than 2-3 days... they involve way to much work to get ready and end up going by way too fast. That being said we obviously had a great time with the Wilson Clan. We had a few days of lounging on the "beach," canoeing, paddle boating, golfing for the guys (a game I full heartedly admit I see absolutely no point to) and even a little bit of hiking.









Due to fire restrictions, there were no campfires allowed, but that didn't stop uncle JJ from helping all the kids make s'mores. My curiosity even got the best of me and I not only fell prey to evils of advertising and purchased a bag of the giant campfire mallows...I ate one. I have to say, they were incredibly messy, but extremely good. Not surprising, the kids determined they were too big for there allotted grahm cracker and chocolate and of course lobbied for the full grahm cracker and entire chocolate bar! They lost. We still wanted them to go to sleep!






We weren't sure how little canster would fare with no crib or even a playpen to contain him while he sleeps, but he did remarkably well on the bottom bunk of the trailer in the confines we set up for him. However, he found great pleasure in playing peak-a-boo out the window with all of you who thought it great fun to entertain this notion of his! As much fun as we had with the kids, I will admit I enjoyed when they all passed out for the night and left all us adults in silent bliss!

3 comments:

The Workmans said...

Hooray for finally updating your blog!! I'm so proud of you and I love seeing the pics, wish we could have been there!! Love ya!

Brenda said...

Love the pics! We did have a good time and it definitely wasn't long enough. The kids did sleep good after they were wore out. The plan worked!

Josh and Tracy Wilson said...

Ha Ha Ha, love all of the pictures. It was lots of fun!!